Thank you for your interest in employment here at Community Church. We believe that working for the church is not just collecting a paycheck, but fulfilling a calling. If you like to have fun, work hard, and feel like this could be the place for you, then check out the available positions below.
Worship Tech Coordinator (PT – Hourly – 25 hours per week)
To advance the vision and mission of Mt. Pleasant Community Church by overseeing the worship technical needs of Community Church; including, but not limited to, leadership of volunteer technical teams for all Sunday Morning Services and other events requesting/requiring tech support.
- Oversee all technical aspects (lighting, sound, computer graphics, and video presentation) of Sunday morning services. Support of Sunday morning worship is the number one priority of this position.
- Recruit, train, lead, schedule, and manage tech arts volunteers. Build a community of tech volunteers by incorporating healthy aspects of small group life and leadership development.
- Serve as ‘house manager’ of the worship technology within our facility which includes, but not limited to, regular maintenance, setup/teardown, documentation and knowledge of systems.
- Provide Audio/Visual technology support for other programs and events throughout our campus. This support includes, but not limited to, arranging volunteer assistance or training other ministry leaders.
- In cooperation with Director of Worship Arts, work within and provide recommendations for the Worship Technology Arts budget.
- Attend Community Church staff and/or department meetings as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Worship Arts.
The Worship Tech Coordinator is accountable to the Director of Worship Arts and will receive an annual performance review. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Elder Board and the Board of Trustees.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent people management skills both with paid and volunteer staff.
- Experience in ministry in a medium to large church setting.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Experience with current audio, video, lighting technologies in a worship setting.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic proficiency with database software (Community Church to provide training).
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
General requirements for all Community Church staff:
- Committed to be an active personal disciple of Jesus including winsome modeling of Christian life and family relationships.
- Comfortable serving in an Evangelical Presbyterian Church under an elder board that includes men and women.
- Possesses a teachable, cooperative, humble and respectful demeanor and attitude.
- Committed to active and personal participation in the life of this local church.
- Committed to helping individuals engage, serve, volunteer and use their gifts in the context of this local church.
- Committed to appropriate confidentiality in the lives of those we serve and care for.
- Possesses a contagious passion for reaching those without Christ, both nearby and around the world.
- Personally motivated to respond to all issues with the grace and love of God.
- Ability to set and reach goals and objectives, and organize ministries to reach objectives.
- Possess an excellent work ethic and passion to do the best you can with the resources you have.
- Whenever possible, willingly collaborate with other staff and ministry teams as opportunities or needs arise.
- Champion unity in the church on every occasion, zero tolerance for gossip or the misuse of words and a thorough commitment to conflict resolution as detailed in Matthew 18.