Thank you for your interest in employment here at Community Church. We believe that working for the church is not just collecting a paycheck, but fulfilling a calling. If you like to have fun, work hard, and feel like this could be the place for you, then check out the available position(s) below.
Facilities Crew: Projects
Classification: Part-Time, Hourly, 15 to 20 Hours Per Week
To advance the vision and mission of Mt. Pleasant Community Church by helping to provide a safe and distraction free facility. The Facilities Crew is tasked with the upkeep of buildings and grounds to maintain the facility of Community Church.
- Responsible for preparation of building for Sunday morning and other church events throughout the week including room set up, moving furniture, and unloading and storing supplies.
- Responsible for regular routine maintenance of all flooring including shampooing carpets and waxing tile floors.
- Assist with the general cleaning and upkeep of buildings and grounds as needed.
- Adjust weekly work schedule to align with church calendar.
- Assist with large Community Church events, including but not limited to, Vacation Bible School and special events.
- Attend Community Church staff and/or department meetings as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Business Manager.
The Facilities Crew is accountable to the Business Manager and will receive an annual performance review. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Elder Board and the Board of Trustees.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent people management skills both with paid and volunteer staff.
- A self-motivated leader possessing relational skills with staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Basic proficiency with database software (Community Church to provide training).
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General requirements for all staff members:
- Committed to be an active personal disciple of Jesus including winsome modeling of Christian life and family relationships.
- Comfortable serving in an independent church under an elder board that includes men and women.
- Possesses a teachable, cooperative, humble and respectful demeanor and attitude.
- Committed to active and personal participation in the life of this local church.
- Committed to helping individuals engage, serve, volunteer and use their gifts in the context of this local church.
- Committed to appropriate confidentiality in the lives of those we serve and care for.
- Possesses a contagious passion for reaching those without Christ, both nearby and around the world.
- Personally motivated to respond to all issues with the grace and love of God.
- Ability to set and reach goals and objectives, and organize ministries to reach objectives.
- Possess an excellent work ethic and passion to do the best you can with the resources you have.
- Whenever possible, willingly collaborate with other staff and ministry teams as opportunities or needs arise.
- Champion unity in the church on every occasion, zero tolerance for gossip or the misuse of words, and a thorough commitment to conflict resolution as detailed in Matthew 18.