Community Church strives to come alongside families during the loss of loved ones. Please see below for guidelines about Funeral Meals and complete the form for a Funeral or Funeral Meal.
Funeral Meal Guidelines
Funeral meals provide the family of the one who has passed an opportunity spend time with family and friends. This policy is set to make planning of the luncheon as easy as possible for the family.
1. Members / Regular Attendees of the Congregation
- Funeral meals are offered for members and regular attendees of the congregation including their immediate family members.
- Entrees are paid for by the family. They are purchased, prepared and served by the Deacons and volunteers. Salads, desserts, beverages and paper products are donated through requests by the Food team.
- The Deacons will provide set-up, serving and clean-up for the meal.
- The use of the facility is provided free of charge.
2. Non-Members of the Congregation
- Non-members have the opportunity to have a funeral meal at the church using one of the following options:
- Option A All food items must be ordered and delivered to the church from a catering service of the family’s choice, at the family’s expense. The family will make the arrangements with the catering company and pay them directly. The catering service will provide the food and beverage set-up, serving and clean-up for the meal.
- Option B The family will make arrangements to have the food and beverages delivered to the church by an outside source (restaurant, caterer or other means) and pay for them directly. Deacons and volunteers will set-up, serve and clean-up after the meal.
- There is a facility usage fee of $150.00.
If the Community Church Deacons are preparing the meal, the number of people to be served and the desired entrée must be determined. Typically, funeral meals serve 70-90 people at a cost of $3.50-$4.00 per serving. Entrée choices include soups and sandwiches or a hot entrée. Hot entrees are usually prepared foods that are heated and served, although entrees and sides may be prepared from scratch.